Thursday, March 3, 2016

Dafuq!? Woman Almost Dies From Leaving Her Tampon In For 9 Days



A 20-year-old college student barely escaped death after she developed toxic shock syndrome from leaving her tampon in too long.

The woman, Emily Pankhurt, ignored her symptoms because she was busy studying for her final exams. She blamed feeling bloated and under the weather on stress, but she was really dealing with blood poisoning, according to the Daily Mail

But one day she realized she had accidentally left a tampon in for more than a week, which was entirely black when she removed it. 

"When I finally realized, I pulled it out it was pure black," she said.

"I wouldn't have known what it was apart from the string. It was horrible. I immediately chucked it in the loo, I felt sick." 

Oh em gee!


A few hours later she became faint, began to slur her words and her skin became mottled, so her mother immediately called an ambulance.

Toxic shock syndrome is a life-threatening infection caused by the tampon.

The docs gave her antibiotics and managed to save her life but Pankhurst temporarily lost her mobility and is still unable to walk long distances.

[Source: Daily Mail]

0 Leave a Comment!:

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.

Blogchives